At some point or another, you may need to call up technical support to fix something. Maybe one morning you get the blue screen of death, or you get one of those startling blunder messages on your screen. Or then again perhaps you attempt to turn your PC on and…nothing. Maybe it’s not your PC by any stretch of the imagination, however your site is totally down and you need to decide to your website specialist or web facilitating organization.
I’ve been on the two sides of that panicky call and there are 7 things you can do so as to help make that technical support call only somewhat less distressing:
1. Try not to freeze This is simpler said that done when you’re PC’s on the flicker and you’re gazing intently at the barrel of a cutoff time. Yet, things will be less distressing on the off chance that you don’t oddity out. Odds are the issue isn’t so awful (or costly) as you think.
2. Check the undeniable before you call-One of the primary things that your tech individual will have you do is to check for evident reasons for issue. Like is your PC connected? Or on the other hand is the flood defender your PC’s associated is turned on? Are the majority of the links leaving your PC connected tight? Or on the other hand are entering your secret phrase in accurately? Or then again do you have the “Tops lock” key on while you’re entering your secret phrase? They have you gone through this drill in light of the fact that multiple occasions the basic stuff is the issue. So go through a portion of the undeniable reasons for issue before you get the telephone.
3. Get readied If you have any guarantees or administration agreements get together those materials before you call. It will spare you a touch of time just in the event that your tech individual demands this data. You may likewise require the sequential number for your PC. These are normally situated on a sticker set on the back, base, or side of your PC or they are situated in your PC enrollment desk work.
4. Be as explicit as conceivable Simply saying “My PC’s not working” isn’t unreasonably useful. Technical support as of now accept that your PC isn’t working since you wouldn’t call just to say greetings. What they have to know is “how is your PC not working?”. You should be as explicit as could reasonably be expected. Will your PC not begin by any means? Is the issue that you can turn the PC on yet it won’t go past the startup screen? Maybe you can move beyond the startup screen however you can’t open up a specific program? Depict your concern from beginning to end; what you were doing when you experienced your concern, what your PC does, and if there are any unique circumstances that appear to concur with the issue.
5. Record blunder messages-Usually when something turns out badly, you’ll get some sort of mistake message that endeavors to disclose to you what the issue is. On the off chance that you can’t get a handle on the message, set aside the effort to record it. It might mean something to the tech individual you’re conversing with and it may enable them to analyze the issue slightly quicker.
6. Make note of any ongoing changes or occurrences Sometimes the reason for your PC issue is something that is changed on your PC or some episode that has happened as of late, for example,
the expansion of new equipment (printer, scanner, hard drive, memory, and so forth)
the expansion or erasure of programming
a power interruption or power flood
the expansion of cancellation of an assistance
programming overhauls or security patches
Some of the time changes like this can cause some unexpected issues with different things that might possibly appear to be identified with your concern. When you’re conversing with your tech individual, make them mindful of any progressions or increments you made before you began having issues. They’ll have the option to let you know whether these progressions are identified with your issue.
7. Keep takes note of A great deal of times a call to the help division implies that you’ll be investing a ton of energy in the telephone being sent starting with one individual then onto the next. Keep notes on who you converse with, when you conversed with them, and what they’ve done to help analyze the issue. In the event that you find that you need to continue calling the help division or in the event that you have to a fix individual fix your PC face to face, these notes will prove to be useful.